Monday, December 19, 2011

Happy Holidays: So Sick Edition

Here I am, a dentist appointment tomorrow, Christmas Day bursting at the seems to get here, and I am just flat-out sick. (I've also never had a head cold and a dentist appt. at the same time, so I don't know how exactly that's going to work out...)

Hot beverages are the only things really making me feel better - except lots of sleep WHEN I can get it. I feel like I have consumed my entire body weight in apple cinnamon flavored Theraflu and Chai Tea with milk & orange juice. Not all at once, mind you. I don't have a picture (because I don't feel like taking one right now) but I have been using some of my vintage creamers for the milk & orange juice - a Hazel Atlas milk pitcher & a forest green Harlequin creamer - both of which were cheap-and-cheerful purchases that set me back around a grand total of a dollar fifty.

Finally, a pop culture reference. I don't know when I got the idea to put both milk & orange juice in my pumpkin spice Chai, but it is quite tasty. I can't help though but to think of the moment in the movie Heathers where Christian Slater & Winona Ryder are standing in the kitchen of their frienemy Heather's house, trying to find an upchuck-worthy hangover "cure". Winona Ryder's character settles for combination of milk and orange juice. Christian Slater's character opts instead for a "wake-up cup of liquid drainer".

Good stuff!

So if I don't get around to updating before the holidays have passed:

Have a very blessed holiday! Wishing you the best now & in the coming year!

No comments:

Post a Comment