Thursday, July 11, 2013

Big box of happy

 This was my one thrift store find this week, a nifty Pyrex coffee server set with holder.

From a picture of the original box, I learned that this was called "Kaffee Klatch". It was a promo item December 1959. Check out a cool original ad here.
Next up - Pyrex! Where have you been?! :-)

Here's the story. This was purchased at a hole-in-the-wall shop just about 2 miles away from my house. I hadn't stopped there in a while because the owners were rude and crazy overpriced - a fatal combination in my opinion. The place just became junkier and crazier-looking as time went by.

But the other day hubs and I noticed that it looked cleaned up. Figured it went out of business. But there was a sign saying New Owners. So we stopped in. Pretty much the same inventory, but more orderly.

Everything here was purchased basically as a boxed lot, for a nice price that had me doing a happy dance for the rest of the day.
Oh Cornflower Blue, I don't want to collect you. But the more of you I handle, the more you set off my hoarder tendencies. Charlie Brown ARGH!!!!


The Owls Are What They Seem
 Tell me now, hoo could resist an owl family reunion? I have no. idea. where I'm going to put all these, but I have time to figure it out.....with this so awesome Owl Clock!
Oh my gosh. There are not even words to describe how special. Haha!

Poor littiest owl on the right is missing an eye, but I'll just say that it's trying to wink at me.

And it works! So happy about that. The battery chamber had corrosion, so I wasn't sure it was going to, but oh yes, I now have a snazzy owl clock that keeps time just fine. Love it!

I needed some good finds to restore my belief that good stuff is still out there for prices I can afford!

Hope you're finding thrifty treats and treasures!

4 comments:

  1. Oooooooooh! Love that Koffee Klatch set! I've never seen it before. I have a single one of those with the warmer in the original box so now I need that one too!

    Glad you found some Pyrex and that you have a "new" place to hunt.

    Off to some sales this morning. Wish me luck!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Hope you found some goodies. It pretty rare to find an estate sale around here. In fact, I've only been to two and it was because my husband was on vacation and we could go further out of the way than usual. Yard sales and thrift stores are about it. Even our local flea market is only open on Saturday. Nobody wants my money, I guess. lol.

    Hope you found some great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That owl clock is pretty much the coolest thing I've ever seen.

    Happened to come across your blog when looking for info on some Glasbake mugs, and I've enjoyed reading about and looking at your finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alison! Glad to 'meet' another owl lover & Glasbake fan. Thank you for stopping by :-)

      Delete