Sunday, February 9, 2014

Winter Blahs

Well, this is it, what I have to show for a couple of weeks of thrift & antique store shopping. Granted, it's a pretty cool marked Fire King mug in a style I've never seen before, and it was priced reasonably at 3 dollars, this mug and some lids are the only things I've purchased lately.

The Pyrex lids I bought were good ones, just pricey. I picked up two 503 large refrigerator dish lids for 2 dollars each, and a bundle of the graduated size round casserole lids from the 480 set  (the 473, 474, 475), all taped together with a tiny 022 lid for 4 bucks.

Not heartening at all.

The weather is cold and threatening snow and the forecast can't seem to make up its mind whether Valentine's Day is going to be pretty or not. My husband and I have plans to spend the day gallivanting in a major antique district a couple of hours drive from us as a heart day treat.

I'm not the most optimistic about the Pyrex supply, but I will be going out of my way to pick up a small Fiesta heart bowl at a dish outlet store. I've got 3 so far, one for each time we've been up that way. I got smart the last time and started writing the date & occasion on a sticker on the back of the piece, so I know exactly when we bought it. The other two I'm sure I've written about on the blog, I just never have gotten around to labeling them.

Hope you're having better luck than I have. ~Can't wait until Spring!~

Happy Thrifting!

1 comment:

  1. I like it, even though it's all by itself. Makes me think of playing cards :)

    ReplyDelete