Thursday, August 22, 2013

Introducing the Pyrex Mini



Woo-hoo! Pyrex!

I never cease to be amazed when I find Pyrex at the thrift store. Even more amazing when it's pieces I don't have already.

The little 080 has seen the inside of a dishwasher. But amazement of amazement, it came with a lid. 2 dollars - a price I could live with.

The other two pieces took the rest of a ten dollar bill. Literally, my husband and I pooled together our last available cash -right down to the last penny in my change bag - to pay for my goodies.

(Don't fret, it's not all our money. It's just all our "fun money". So, for another week, I'm fresh out of "fun", lol!)
This plastic tray is marked Biodrak, Made in Greece. I'm ashamed to say I don't know what kind of flowers are on it (Gladiolus, perhaps?). It's dark in the picture but in better light there's something very 1970's Polaroid about it. It's getting added to my storage rack of "I probably shouldn't have bought this but it was cute/weird/otherwise couldn't pass it up oddities and strangeities. (I think I just made that last word up)

Oh, and speaking of making things up, I've got another one. I love the little Pyrex 080's (like the pink one pictured above). They just don't have a cute name to go with their cuteness. The individual oval casseroles are called "pixies". Shouldn't the round individual casseroles have a similarly appropriate designation?

Well, since 080's are a miniature version of 023's & 024's, I think I'll call them "minis". Pixies & Minis. That sounds good to me. Spread the word if you agree.  ;-)

Hope you're having a great week!

Happy Thrifting!



2 comments:

  1. I have a few of those 080's and they are perfect for individual fruit cobblers. It's awesome that you found pink Pyrex at the thrifts. That's pretty rare anywhere!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh pink Pyrex! Gotta love it! I like the name, sounds good to me. Great finds - Dawn

    ReplyDelete