Tuesday, September 13, 2016

A few thrift store scores

I find something I want at the thrift so rarely lately that every time I do, I get this thrifter's high. Like I've won a contest. Like I bested Goodwill by actually pulling something out of there that I might actually want, when they seem so bent on not having a single thing worth buying in the store except maybe clothes.

Are other people's Goodwill's the same way, like they are trying to be 90% clothing and 10% broken stuff that came from the Dollar Tree they want twice the original price for?


I have this pitcher already, but I buy duplicates when I can, because the last two vintage pitchers I've been really fond of have each cracked right at the place where the top of the handle connects to the body. I took this pretty home for 3.99 and am glad to put it to use.


When I saw this gold metal cradle, I thought I knew what it was. I was hoping, hoping, hoping I was right. Then I came across a couple of Pyrex lids, which gave me even more hope I was right. And I also picked up this little Glasbake bowl along the way as well.

So when I got home, I tried this:


Yep! I think it's a match.

I've never been that excited by Pyrex cradles. But this was an odd one to find. And Pyrex in general has become much more competitive over the years than it used to seem to me to be, so every time I find something I don't have, I'm super excited.

And finally, a few more thrift scores.


Homer Laughlin Riviera for 99 cents each!

Riviera is by far my favorite Homer Laughlin line, but over the years I've come across much more Fiesta to fall in love with, so my Fiesta collection far outpaces my tiny Riviera one.

The teacup is perfect, but the saucers have varying degrees of fleabites to significant chips, but they are all on the underside and not very noticeable.

The plates underneath are actually another HLC line, Harlequin. I don't collect Harlequin at all, but I couldn't help picking these up when I found them all as a stack. They also have chips, so for now, they are going into a project box. They may get repurposed if I ever get crafty enough.

That's all for now.

Hope you're finding fantastic treasures!

Happy Thrifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment