Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Are these a set?

Yesterday my husband stopped at the thrift store after work and found me the smallest and largest of these bowls. It was missing the middle size bowl (the 323), but I realized that the two-toned blue bowl I had nested in my totally made-up set seemed like the right bowl for this one.

The smallest bowl makes me squee. A delphite-ish shade on the inside, a turquoise shade on the outside. Not the same shade as the 50's turquoise, but still very pretty. This set reminds me a bit of the Blue Americana Pyrex set that I've only ever seen in pictures, drool.


Not a great picture here, but you can see the difference between the inside and outside colors.

I wish I knew more about these bowls in general. They seem to be sold primarily as Pyrex Designs bowls. Patterns and colors seem to be 1980's through 1990's.

Something to watch out for is that there is sometimes a major difference between the 3-bowl set and the 4-bowl set. The order of the colors can change. Meaning, you can have a two bowls from the same set, both the same size, but two different colors. And I'm not sure if there is a book or a site that actually talks about these later designs. Anyone know of anything?

I guess this means I'm officially collecting these clear bottom bowls too. It never ends. Thanks Pyrex.

Happy Thrifting!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know anything about those bowls except that they are a newer style (80's-90's). Check Corelle Corner. They have lots of information.

    Good Luck :-)

    Erica

    ReplyDelete