Monday, January 30, 2012

Tiny red teapot, Big Red Heart

This just arrived in the mail today - a brand new Scarlet 2 cup teapot. It's so tiny! The hubs ordered it for me for Valentine's Day, but of course I got to open the package the moment it arrived, lol! Here it is with my vintage turquoise demitasse (also called AD cup). I love the color combination. Curious to see what the P86 turquoise looks like with these.
Technically both of these are Red! The modern Scarlet teapot is a true red. The teacup and saucer are original, radioactive red - closer to orange. I like how gigantic the cup looks compared to this diminutive pot.
And here's its big brother, Peacock. My husband bought this one for me for Christmas.
I think it's safe to tell the husband that for any occasion, just buy me a Fiesta teapot. A no-fail gift. Well...could be a fail if he ordered me an exact duplicate. Even then, I probably wouldn't mind.

And this reminds me of a story. I almost never go into Belk, but once in a while, I get a masochistic urge to look at their Fiesta selection and maybe longingly stroke a Kitchenaid mixer, haha.

Anyway, I was surprised to see they had a set of Peacock baking bowls. Someone must have returned them, because that's an item they don't keep in stock. They were scratched inside from use & had a handwritten price label. You know what those nuts were trying to get for them?!? $189.00! SURE, I'll take a janked-up set of mixing bowls and pay 50 dollars MORE for them than you can order them directly from Homer Laughlin! Gosh and golly!

And of course, one of their ever-so-helpful employees hovered around me the entire time as though I was a hungry street urchin and their Fiesta section was a buffet. I had gone in wanting to know how much their teapots were. The lady informed me that they don't sell teapots and hadn't ever carried them to her knowledge. Apparently all they carry are the standard place settings and water pitchers. That's a pretty sad selection. I doubt very much I'll be back in there any time soon.

At any rate, I'll be enjoying my new Scarlet teapot every chance I get, and maybe I'll get a different color 3 months from now *ahem* These colors make me think of birthday cake *ahem* Tangerine, Lemongrass, Shamrock, Sunflower, Turquoise, Peacock, Chartreuse. Bright and cheery colors like this make me feel young, as opposed to getting older. *ahem*

(Think he'll get the hint?)

Hope you're having a colorful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment