Friday, February 3, 2012

My Fire King Charm collection, One year later

I just noticed that it's been almost a year to the day since I first wrote about my
Fire King Charm collection. And I don't believe I've updated since.

Well last night I found - or I should say, my husband rather triumphantly found a Forest Green Salad Bowl at GW for $2.99. Same GW I found the Serving Platter & a saucer at last year.

This is the only piece I've come across at a thrift in all that time. The rest of my pieces have been antique store purchases.

First up, I was very happy to find this dinner plate. I'd never actually seen the gold foil sticker before that was/is the only identifier on most pieces of Charm. This was the only one with a sticker from a stack of dinner plates, all 5 dollars each.

At first all I was going to buy was the one with the sticker. But then I had a change of heart and bought 4 more. I rationalized it as a 20 dollar splurge. I'm too cheap to spend 3 dollars a piece for more Corelle plates from Walmart in my pattern (Memphis), but I'll spend 5 bucks piece on vintage plates that I don't even use. Go figure!

And I didn't know it at the time, but 5 dollars a piece for barely-if-ever-used dinner plates is actually a pretty good price.
And here's the rest of my collection. Not much progress at all on other colors. No Jadeite, only a single Royal Ruby teacup, and a few little Azurite saucers, sans teacups.

Hopefully by this time next year I'll have the same pieces in Azurite as I have in Forest Green!

No comments:

Post a Comment