Monday, March 21, 2011

I did not mean to buy these dolls




But here they are. Part of the same boxed lot the parts for the Cory vacuum coffee maker came from.

And I'll be honest, I didn't like them at first. Partially, it was exhaustion from spending so much time at this auction. And more likely, I was so excited about the Cory parts, I barely noticed the rest of the contents of the box.

But these ladies have grown on me.

Two are already strung, like Christmas tree ornaments. I think I may do up the rest the same way and add them to the tree this year.I don't know how this lady here makes what looks to me like a form of corn blight look like a suitable dress, but she does. It's a talent, I think.

And these two sisters look like they are sharing a joke with one another. The one on the left saying something like "Oh yeah, well I'll put your eye out with this broomstick." And the sister on the right says "No way. I'll break you down with my dope breakdancing moves, sucka."

Or something like that.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are the sister with the broom and I'm the sister with break dancing moves.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete