Monday, March 21, 2011

The Perils of Collecting - Pt III

So far, this pseudo-series of mine is basically about the fact that I can't spell. One of these days, I might actually get around to posting some actual perils. But until then, nope, it's more spelling foibles.

(yes, I had to look up how to spell word "foible", lol)

You could say, these words are real JEMS:
(Oh snap. I am just bringin' the funny today. Bringin' it ;-)

Amethyst - For context, I was looking up Hazel Atlas Moroccan Amethyst. I misspelled both Moroccan AND amethyst. Huzzah.

Sapphire - This word continues to look wrong to me. Sapp-hire. Sap. Hire. I couldn't spell this word right in a Spelling Bee if my life depended on it.

Me: (shaking in my shoes) "Could you use it in a sentence, please?"

Super-Official Spelling Bee Person: "Sapphire"
"We've just received a memo from home office to do a new round of sapphires. Make sure they are real shmuckuses."

***
Okay. Enough Vaudevillian, knee-slappin' comedy for one day.

Happy Treasure Hunting!


No comments:

Post a Comment