Saturday, June 13, 2015

Thrift finds this week

Found this incomplete canister set at a consignment store that doesn't really deal vintage, but I've found a few vintage pieces at before. It was sitting on a discount table and I got it for 99 cents!



They are butter yellow with silver lettering, and missing the largest flour canister in the set. I think I'm on a mission now to find out just how many colors they were made in. Once upon a time I bought a partial set in avocado green for a quarter at a yard sale but only one was in decent condition, so I donated them when I was going through one of my periodic 'stuff' purges.




Here they are with my other keepers. I hope I can find a silver pen and possibly fill in the missing lettering. I'm afraid I'll do a bad job at it but I'd like to try especially since I have the other canisters to use as guides to see where I need to fill in.



 

My other thrift finds: a wildflower canister for a buck, snowflake blue teacups and saucers for 39 cents apiece for my set, some corningware cradles, and more Butterfly Gold casseroles I could not pass up for 3 and 4 dollars each. And they even had their lids with them.



And finally, I paid 4 dollars for this sweet, unmarked turquoise bread keeper at a hole-in-the-wall thrift store I'd never visited before. My husband also found a really nice stack of records, so we are definitely aiming to go back sometime soon.

I kinda missed posting about my husbands birthday trip, so hopefully I'll get to that next time.

Hope you are finding cool loot!

Happy Thrifting!

3 comments:

  1. Love those canisters, especially in Pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen those canisters in person and would buy them in a second if I did!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE those canisters and the bread keeper!!!!

    ReplyDelete