Friday, September 19, 2014

Anniversary goodies

The hubby and I celebrated our 9th Anniversary yesterday. We took a much-anticipated trip to an antique district a bit too far away to be in our regular rotation.

I can't even write about the Pyrex I saw without starting to type out the same sentiment again and again: Prices are going up, up, up, and I just can't afford it. In my area, it's becoming commonplace that higher-demand colors/patterns of Pyrex are more expensive than jadeite and depression glass. It's unreal.


I've wanted the tulip casserole since I began collecting, but I just wouldn't buy it online. In the end, I didn't really save any money buying it in the wild, but I did get to hold it in my hands and see its condition before I bought it. I still love it though :-)


The turquoise dinnerware platter had also eluded me until now. I have the grey and pink and just need the lime to have one of each of the platters I'm collecting. And the pink gooseberry bowl completed my second set of Cinderellas. I have one really minty set on display and another in the cabinet to use. Best of both worlds.



My Fire King and Fiesta finds. The tulips grease jar is pretty faded, but cost me less than 10 dollars, so it was definitely coming home with me. The platter underneath it is Fire King Vitrock and goes with my other pastel Vitrock pieces.

The heart bowls are Fiesta Lapis and Poppy, in the smaller size that is a small/independent retailer exclusive. I missed getting one the last trip we took, so hubby bought me two. I was touched, he went right for the color I was looking for. He really does pay attention to all my dish craziness. Poor guy! He is so sweet <3 br="">
I was looking for more vintage clocks for above my Pyrex display. These are whooped up, but perfect for what I want. And they didn't set me back much, which is always nice.

And I've apparently developed a taste for kitchy vintage refrigerator magnets. I bought a couple of bags of cute ones that have already made their way onto my fridge, but here's some of highlights.

Anthropomorphic fruit anyone?


And the dieter's magnets are just too fantastically cruel to be taken seriously.  No eating. That's always good advice.
Overall, I had a wonderful trip and a great day with my husband! Good stuff!

Hope you're out having fun this weekend!

Happy Thrifting!

2 comments:

  1. The dieters magnets are hilarious.

    I know what you mean about Pyrex prices! Everyone I have sold to off CL has been collecting for about a year, so many other people I see posting online that they just started or been a year. It's wonderful that so many people are interested in Pyrex (heh), but these new collectors seem to be coming with armed with a bottomless handbag. I remember having to think long & hard about getting a pink 404 in mint condition for $15 from the most expensive antique market in the area, left it there for an hour while I shopped, felt guilty buying it, but now I wouldn't think twice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have a collection of those sweet Fiesta heart shaped dishes. You'll have to post a picture of them all together sometime!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete