Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Hello!

Hello friends! Long time no see!

It's been ages since I've had any thrifting success. I've been looking here and there but I just don't go to thrift or antique stores nearly like I used to.

I did find a couple of items though on my last two trips in, one of which completed a bowl set for me, so I thought I'd post an update.


First up, this Shenandoah Cinderella 442 bowl was found at a Goodwill I hadn't seen opal Pyrex at in many years. I still liked to go there from time to time because my husband would occasionally find books or records he was interested in. This time he came home with a Rush concert tshirt for two bucks, and for another $1.99 I found this little treasure.

On another day, another Goodwill I found the small one cup bowl from this teardrop Pyrex bowl set, which was the last one I needed to complete this set.





None of the bowls outside the one cup measure are in what I'd call minty shape, but I'm very pleased to have accidentally thrifted each piece. I remember picking up the largest bowl when I first started thrifting 8 or 9 years ago, so it's been slow and just completely random that I ended up with this set.

I was trying to look up more information about them online and wasn't finding what I was looking for, so I dug out my Pyrex by Corning book by Rogove and Steinhauer and found this original ad from 1962.




So that's my small haul for now.

Hope you're finding cool junk and enjoying the ends of summer. Around here there's usually a small resurgence of fall yard sales, so I'm looking forward to more excuses to get out and junk.

Happy Thrifting!



















No comments:

Post a Comment