Sunday, December 22, 2013

Thrift & Antique store round-up

I finally found a few new pieces at Goodwill the other day!

This delphite bowl set me back $6.99. I'd seen it before in antique stores with it's companion dip bowl twice before now - once with the bracket for 35 dollars and once without for 25, but it's been a few years back. And those were prices I didn't love for pieces I didn't thoroughly love, so I passed. The time I found this set with a bracket, I picked it up and walked around with it, and was sure I was going to buy it until I literally walked into the next antique booth on the other side and found the square turquoise hostess chip & dip set, complete with the hard-to-find square bracket - all for 10 dollars less than the other booth wanted for the delphite grapes set.

I really couldn't afford both sets, so I put the delphite back and happily paid 25 dollars for my square turquoise hostess set. Little by little, I'm starting to find pieces that I have never seen in real life, or saw once several years ago, and I'm hoping that's a continuing trend.
These guys were also waiting for me the same day - a butter yellow loaf pan, clear refrigerator dish that I bought for the lid, and another spare lid. None of these were terribly expensive, and I'm happy to have them.
These two sweet pink pieces were antique store purchases, but less than ten bucks for both. Thems thrift store prices - for around here, at least. I saw a Pink Gooseberry mixing bowl set for 95 dollars the other day. I can only shake my head. Too rich for my blood. But I'll happily snap up any Pink Gooseberry I see for a reasonable price, for sure.
These are Corelle/Pyrex go-along glasses, marked Bradley & Associates. There's something slightly off about the pattern that makes me think these weren't official go-alongs.

I don't have any Snowflake Blue Corelle. I just literally never see it. Over the years, I've bought my mom a huge set of Butterfly Gold, one piece at a time. And I've driven myself crazy daisy buying Spring Blossom Green. And did I mention I've got pieces and parts of the Wildflower and Meadow patterns too?  (It never ends, does it?)

I'd love to cobble a set of Snowflake Blue Corelle together with the Pyrex Coordinates and have that be my main pattern. Fingers crossed that these glasses are just the first of wave of inexpensive Snowflake Blue items to come my way. :-)

And since this is probably my last post before Christmas, I just want to wish a very Happy Holiday Season to everyone who reads this little blog of mine. I appreciate you so much!

Hope you and yours are Happy and Well!

Happy Thrifting!

2 comments:

  1. I bought the Golden Grapes chip & dip set a few years ago as a Christmas gift to myself. I love it! Then, my BFF bought me the square turquoise set for my birthday. A girl can never have too many chip & dip sets, huh?

    Happy Holidays to you too!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the grapes chip & dip set with the bracket, which I got for a pretty good price at an antiques mall. I love your loaf pan! I don't know why I love loaf pans so much, but I do, and I don't have any yet in Pyrex (except clear) but I'll keep looking. I hope you had a great Christmas, and wish you many blessings in the new year to come. -Dawn @ We Call It Junkin

    ReplyDelete