Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Christmas to me!


Christmas came early this year! Ever since I started collecting Pyrex dinnerware, I've been dying to get the other colors and make a mix-and-match set. So, my dear husband, ordered me a place setting in both the lime green and turquoise.

And like a little girl playing tea party, I spent the better part of two hours trying out all the various possible color combinations and taking pictures of them.



Watermelon-y. Yum.

He also bought me a lovely turquoise blue square chip and dip set. It's gorgeous. Every time I look at it, I almost cannot believe that it dates to the late 1950's. It's in wonderful shape, but like a lot of these sets, it's missing the brass holder that would hold the ramekin bowl above the larger bowl. (Shown here with yellow ramekins from the same era)

I want a china cabinet, so that I can look at these guys all time. So cheerful, and exactly what I wanted for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment